|Job Title||EMT - Part-Time - PINELLAS COUNTY CERTIFIED ONLY|
|Department||EMS Field Operations|
|Reports to||EMS Supervisor|
Emergency Medical Technician - Part-Time - PINELLAS COUNTY CERTIFIED ONLY
This position reports to a Supervisor. EMTs are accountable for responding to all assigned calls in the most appropriate and efficient manner, providing the highest standards of patient care while providing a safe and hazard-free environment. The EMT works with a Paramedic on an ALS ambulance and contributes to overall patient care in the areas of triage, packaging and transport.
Major Duties and Responsibilities :
- Prompt and regular attendance at work.
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge of protocols
- Assess and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment), any medical situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care and professionalism according to current company standards.
- Must maintain neat and professional appearance at all times in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain the ambulance and equipment in a clean, organized and response ready mode
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the ambulance and equipment, its function and use and reporting defective equipment and supplies to the supervisor as required
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other individuals within the community and EMS system
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures provided in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Medical Operations Manual and Code of Conduct
- Responsible for maintaining current state and county certifications
- Must attend all Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses on a monthly basis
- Performs other such duties as may be required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Florida EMT-B certification
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- Current CPR Certification
- Must be at least 21 years of age
• National Registry
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or carry a minimum of 140 pounds up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment :
Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and to blood/body fluids, requires respirator use, fumes/odors, extended day, and temperature changes. Frequently works with others, face-to-face contact with others with exposure to noise, mechanical equipment, and electrical equipment. Performs shift work and performs duties frequently in a mobile environment and in confined areas.