|Job Title||Critical Care Transport RN (part-time)*|
|Location||Largo,FL*||*Position is based out of Largo, FL|
|Department||EMS Field Operations|
|Reports to||Director of Clinical Services|
Position Title: CCT RN
Reports To: CCT Nurse Supervisor and Director of Clinical Services
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Accountable for responding to all assigned calls in the most appropriate and efficient manner, to assess the patient and provide the highest standards of patient care in a team approach.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prompt and regular attendance at work
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge and appropriate administration of Critical Care and Transport Nursing Skills, ACLS, Pinellas County MOMs, and Critical Care Transport Standing Orders
- Diagnose and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment) any medical situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care according to current Company standards
- The CCT RN is ultimately responsible for the overall patient care on the CCT ambulance as well as appropriate transfer documentation
- Complete run reports and Nursing assessment for each transport with appropriate patient care documentation and billing information
- Maintain CCT continued medical education requirements as outlined in the Pinellas County Rules and Regulations to maintain a higher level of training and education.
- Communicate with the on-line physician and system status controllers regarding patient report. Communicate with transferring nurse upon arrival for patient report. Ensure that the patient has been accepted by, the receiving facility and all EMTALA requirements have been met prior to transporting the patient. Provide a complete and concise patient report to the RN or Physician at the receiving facility
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the ambulance, equipment, supplies, and medications
- Will provide our customers with professional and courteous communication and service
- Will actively market the CCT program to maintain a positive image and understanding of the CCT program
- Understand the procedure for vehicle checkout, reporting equipment failure, submitting expended supply reports on a daily basis
- Maintain CCT Call Log
- Participate in CCT Quality assurance reviews
- Attend CCT Staff meetings
- Participate in stocking and cleaning of CCT vehicle and station
- In depth knowledge and understanding, and adherence to, CCT policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Active, Non-Restricted Florida Licensed Registered Nurse
- CEN (minimum advanced certification at time of hire)
- Current ACLS and BLS
- PALS and NRP certifications current or obtained during orientation and training
- PHTLS and TNCC, TPATC or ATLS (audit), current or obtained during orientation and training
- Three years’ experience in Critical Care Nursing environment
- CCRN, CTRN or CFRN (must obtain within 1 year of completing the training process)
- Critical patient inter-facility transfer experience
- Other education and training as required including, but not limited to, Electronic Fetal Monitoring and High Risk Obstetrics, Advanced Airway/RSI, Crew Resource Management and IABP.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 125 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.