|Job Title||Paramedic (911) Full-Time*|
|Location||Largo, FL*||*Position is based out of Largo, FL|
|Department||EMS Field Operations|
|Additional Information||$10,000 Sign-On Bonus|
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus Available
This position reports to a Supervisor. Paramedics are accountable for responding to all assigned calls in the most appropriate and efficient manner, providing the highest standards of patient care while providing a safe and hazard-free environment. The Paramedic contributes to overall patient care in the areas of patient assessment, treatment, packaging and transport.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prompt and regular attendance at work.
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge and appropriate administration of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), International Trauma Life Support (ITLS ) , Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals (PEEP) and approved medical protocols.
- Assess and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment), any medical situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care and professionalism according to current company standards.
- Must maintain neat and professional appearance at all times in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain the ambulance and equipment in a clean, organized and response ready mode.
- Complete all patient care reports for each response with appropriate and complete patient care documentation and billing information.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other individuals within the community and EMS system.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining current state and National Registry certifications (where required).
- Must attend all Continuing Education (CE) courses.
- Performs other such duties as may be required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) certification or Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professional (PEPP) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Texas DSHS certification as EMT Paramedic
- National Registry or Texas DSHS Licensed Paramedic (where required)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Associates degree in Emergency Medical Technology
- National Registry
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or carry a minimum of 125 pounds up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and to blood/body fluids, requires respirator use, fumes/odors, extended day, and temperature changes. Frequently works with others, face-to-face contact with others with exposure to noise mechanical equipment, and electrical equipment. Performs shift work and performs duties frequently in a mobile environment and in confined areas.
Click here to review the complete job description