|Job Title||Payroll Clerk*|
|Location||Largo, FL*||*Position is based out of Largo, FL|
Job Title: Payroll Clerk
Exempt (Y/N): No
Reports To: HR/Payroll Manager
Date Revised: 20 December 2021
This position is responsible for the daily clerical duties of the payroll department and in the biweekly final payroll preparation and transmission. This position will interact with all employees including, but not limited to, Field Operations Supervisors, Departmental Directors and Employee Services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Front-line communication with all employees via telephone or in person on related payroll topics
- Daily maintenance of the payroll system, including data entry and processing sick and vacation requests.
- Assist in final compiling and editing of the bi-weekly payroll. Includes data entry of Incentive Program bonus, CME, and calculation and data entry of all retroactive payments.
- Maintain employee time sheet files.
- Respond to and resolve payroll inquiries and make corresponding changes, as necessary.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any and all payroll information at all times.
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures, and code of conduct.
- Establish and maintain proactive, positive working relationships with all levels of personnel within the company, outside agencies and customers.
- Process and distribute reports for compensation, taxes paid, garnishments, and deductions
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer at least 1-year experience in payroll with 500+ employees
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective Customer Service techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work without direct supervision
- Extensive knowledge of basic payroll skills.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Demonstrated skill in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous and rapidly emergent tasks.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Occasionally: Walking inside, carrying no greater than 25 pounds, kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning
- Frequently: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, typing
- Constantly: Sitting, seeing