|Job Title||CCT Nurse Supervisor|
|Department||EMS Field Operations|
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
Position Title: CCT Transport Nurse Supervisor
This position is a leadership role that is responsible for the efficient and quality operation of the Critical Care Transport Program within the Pinellas County.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily oversight of the Critical Care Transport Program.
- Assists in the design, development, planning and implementation of departmental goals, departmental policies and health care standards based on current trends within the medical society.
- Assists with coordination of CCT marketing activities with all healthcare facilities (hospitals, physician’s offices and SNFs) and EMS agencies to provided education of the CCT program with the objective of maintaining good relationships and CCT utilization.
- Monitors the quality of all services provided, ensuring that standards are met or exceeded and promptly directs and coordinates corrective actions when necessary.
- Summarize monthly CCT QAs and document in monthly quality report.
- Establishes quality assurance and improvement programs to monitor department functions and areas of clinical responsibility.
- Assures contractual certification obligations and accreditations for specialized medical programs are upheld and remain current (CAMTS).
- Performs monthly report for on back up CCT utilization.
- Maintains the CCT nursing schedule to comply with contractual obligations as well as controlling overtime.
- Responsible with complying with all local, state and federal laws (i.e. HIPAA and OSHA).
- Performs other such duties as assigned may be required.
- Continue to function as a full time Pinellas County CCT RN on a shift rotation.
- Active Florida Licensed Registered Nurse
- Pinellas County CCT Certification within 6 months.
- ACLS, PHTLS, PALS, and NRP certifications current
- Associates degree or higher in nursing
- Advanced Nursing Certification (CCRN, CTRN, CFRN) – within 6 months.
- Three to Five years of experience within the industry or a related field in healthcare.
- Experience in course curriculum, program and test criteria development.
- Prior critical care transport experience or ambulance transport experience.
The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or carry up to 140 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and to blood/body fluids, requires respirator use, fumes/odors, extended day, and temperature changes. Frequently works with others, face-to-face contact with others with exposure to noise, mechanical equipment, and electrical equipment. Performs shift work and performs duties frequently in a mobile
environment and in confined areas.